> Thanks. :) It should be wild. I'll be in Sun's office
> in Yokohama:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimgris/12375033/in/set-3
> 02056/

Simply wild!
If I weren't all tied up here, I'd drop everything this instant, and get my
behind on a plane for Tokyo.

> Absolutely. My gut tells me that the Japanese are
> doing way more with
> OpenSolaris than we can see right now. I'm getting
> bits and pieces from
> various people, but I'll find out soon enough.

My gut feeling tells me the same thing.
I've seen a couple of things those guys can do on UNIX inbetween all these
years, but the stuff has been slow to trickle to the rest of the world... it's
almost as if there's still the "Bamboo curtain". Even Murayama-san doesn't
really talk much except to brief on the drivers.

> I just have to think that there are some *golden*
> OpenSolaris community
> building to do around some of these announcements,
> don't you? I mean, my
> goodness ...

Yes, absolutely!
This is a very exciting opportunity to go deep into the technological Mecca of
the world. Just imagine the potential Japan has, with all his high tech and
huge highly skilled and educated work force!

And like you wrote, it's "close to the rest of Asia", so it should be much
easier to "peek" into China, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan...

> Should be interesting to find out, eh? And I do hope
> to meet
> Murayama-san some day, as well.

Yes!  Looking forward to finding out. You'll continue blogging and nailing
shots with the camera?