Its a sad story and I am really starting to yank some hair out.

Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.11      snv_38  October 2007
You have new mail.
$
$ mail -h
4 letters found in /var/mail//dclarke, 0 scheduled for deletion, 0 newly
arrived
    4     647069  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Jun 16 22:32:45 2006
    3     7578293  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thu Jun 15 21:59:31 2006
    2     7651866  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Wed Jun 14 06:50:23 2006
    1     6768531  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tue Jun 13 09:31:31 2006
? q
$

Anyone that runs nightly will note that those are really large messages
there.  So full of errors of some sort or other.

I have tried repeatedly on this old old 32-bit HP Kayak XU box to get a
clean build.  Something I can do with the same processes in the same manner
on a dual proc Opteron in a flash.  Easy as pie.

I thought that I had set CC=cc accidentally or some other such thing but
that turned out not to be the case.  I also wonder if I have some sort of a
memory fault or hardware issue but I seriously doubt that will not manifest
itself as a compiler error but more likely as a crash or puff of blue smoke
and crackling noises.

So I guess I have to ask if anyone else out there has had any issues with
any of these :

    snv_20060605
    snv_20060612
    snv_41