> So the SIL680 is supported?

It seems there are two hardware versions available for the Sil680, a raid and a
non-raid version.

The non-raid hw seems to work, with a minor tweak:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sx/components/details/1222.html

The raid version doesn't seem to work:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=42126

> Strange, I just bought
> one tonight, and it causes some strange things to
> happen on my box.
>
> 1. My grub boot screen doesnt display anymore. If I
> hit the enter key, it will boot from what I assume is
> the first grub selection.
>
> 2. Once it boots, it just locks up at "module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive"

Did you already use the "eeprom" command to force the use of the pci-ide driver
with the
Sil680 hardware?

A wild guess:  Bug 6414472?
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6414472