On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 11:14, John Weekley wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 16:11 +0100, Peter Tribble wrote:
> > I've just installed SXCR, build 42a, on a SunBlade 2000.
> >
> > Now, nslookup doesn't work. By not work, I mean that if
> > you look up an address it (almost all the time) goes into
> > a tight loop eating CPU and doesn't return anything.
>

> I had the same problem Saturday,  here's a reply from Stefan Parvu on
> the Solaris x86 mailing list:
>
> > This was reported on opensolaris irc. Looks like a bug in libisc.so
> > Try to use the old libisc.so from b38. Bits avail under:
> > http://cr.grommit.com/~sommerfeld/

FYI, just to be more complete:

This is being tracked as bug 6440104; it's a bug in new kernel
functionality (SO_TIMESTAMP, introduced in nv_37); code in libisc (part
of bind 9) uses SO_TIMESTAMP under an #ifdef SO_TIMESTAMP; the system
used to build the SFW consolidation wasn't upgraded to post-nv_37 bits
until just before it built nv_41.

The workaround is to downgrade to a pre-nv_41 version of libisc.so; the
fix will make SO_TIMESTAMP work properly.

                                                - Bill