Dennis Clarke writes:
> > This is an old version that does not yet know about fine grained privs
> > and as Blastwave does primarily supports Solaris 8 we need to decide how
> > to support cdrecord on Blastwave in future.
> >

>   ** WRONG **

Really?

>   The software package at Blastwave ( built by you ) is built on Solaris 8
>  such that we can rest assured that it runs as expected for users with
> Solaris 8 and 9 and 10 and Nevada.  If the package does not run with
> perfect backward compatibility in Solaris 9 or 10 or Nevada then the issue
> is with Solaris and not with the software built on Solaris 8.

It does run with compatibility.

The only issue is that Solaris 10 has more features than does Solaris
9 or 8, and software written and compiled for Solaris 8 can't
necessarily take advantage of those new features.  In this case, S10
(and up) has fine-grained privileges, while those older releases do
not.

That's not a failure of Solaris.  If it were, we'd never be able to
add a new feature ever again.  :-/

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>