Hi everybody,

maybe somebody can explain me this behavior:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ df -F tmpfs -h
Dateisystem           Größe belegt verfügbar Kapazität Eingehängt auf
swap                    14G   1,1M    14G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
swap                    15G   437M    14G     3%    /tmp
swap                    14G    80K    14G     1%    /var/run
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ df -F tmpfs -k
Dateisystem            kByte  belegt verfügbar Kapazität Eingehängt auf
swap                 14919240    1104 14918136     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
swap                 15365960  447832 14918128     3%    /tmp
swap                 14918208      80 14918128     1%    /var/run

What we are seeing here is that df reports different sizes for swap, which
actually cannot be, can it?

So far so good. "df" uses statvfs to get these numbers. Therefore, sturct
statvfs is used, which includes f_frsize, f_blocks, f_bfree, and f_bavail. But
there is no field that states how many blocks there are in use.

OK, this is a limitation of statvfs. But OTOH shouldn't be the contents of
/tmp, /var/run, etc. accounted in total against swap. I.e. wouldn't it make
more sense to show the same usage for all those mount points, which effectively
mount the same "device"?

Any hint for clarification concerning this behavior would be highly
appreciated...

Cheers,
Tom

I.e.