Alexey Starovoytov wrote:
> 'diff csl-sol210-3_4-branch gcc_343' should go into mainline, otherwise
> we'll end up with 'sol' branches for every major gcc release ON care to
> support.
> The prerequisite for that is to have 'diff csl-sol210-3_4-branch gcc_343'
> integrated into gcc trunk

Of course, this was the intent from the beginning of Sun's working with gcc for AMD64. And, so far, all of the changes that can go into the mainline are already in the mainline.

There are some changes that were needed for Solaris that the gcc mainline could not accept (and probably will not be able to accept in the foreseeable future). Thus, the ongoing need for the branch.

Mike