I have an external Hard Drive enclosure that has a USB to Serial ATA bridge.
GRUB can see the device at boot, but once I boot into SXCR b43 or newer, it
doesn't show up when I run format. I've never tried to use external storage
with Solaris before, and I could use some pointers. I've done some hunting
around and so far have only seen posts about USB memory cards and the like.
Perhaps I haven't been searching using the right criteria.

Anyway, any guidance on how to get Solaris to recognise my external device
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Shawn