Hi Eric,

I think there might be a problem with freq_tsc() function
that uses a combination of PIT and TSC counters to determine
CPU frequency on your laptop.

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/uts/i86pc/os/mp_machdep.c#725

Could you check that we're at least detecting the presence
of the TSC register correctly? To do that, run "mdb -k" as root,
then type "x86_feature/X", and send me the output.  Also,
please send me the output of this other command:

::walk cpu | ::print unix`cpu_t  cpu_type_info

Thanks,
- Andrei