I have a likewise problem with our DL585 - it's not hanging on boot but
after some time, the last four times it stopped it was almost every time
after about 3 hours of runtime.

I'm doing stresstests on the machines (zones with SAP and Oracle/MaxDB) but
even at night, if there's no load at all, the machine is freezing.

Configuration:

        DL585
        2 x AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz
        24 GB RAM
        Qlogic 2214 FC connected to an EVA 3000 storage

The interesting part is, that the machine seems to run really good and very
fast, up to 3 hours at a time - and then suddenly it's freezing, even the
NumLock LED on the keyboard doesn't react any more - but I had never a hang
at boot time, the machine is coming up each time I had to switch it off.

I already updated all the Firmwares/BIOS'es to the latest versions (as the
former poster in that thread here).

I haven't seen this problem with 10U1 (1/06) - only after reinstallation
with 10U2 (6/06).

Could that problem be related?

SIEGENIA-AUBI KG
Informationswesen