Martin Bochnig wrote:

>SUNW: No one can ever meet your own DLJ license terms otherwise.
>Because the DLJ covered "Distro-JDK" does NOT run without the SUNWspro
>C++ Studio runtime.
>
>The official DLJ-FAQ states:
>
>more /newroot/LICENSES/DLJ-FAQ-v1.2.txt
>[...]
>- Ship only a compatible JDK on your OS. If notified of an
>incompatibility, you must correct it and offer a patch or
>replacement to downstream recipients within 90 days, or stop
>shipment and notify downstream recipients.
>
>[...]
>
>Again, the libC* thing: The DLJ license REQUIRES distributors to ONLY
>
>install their distro-JDK on COMPATIBLE systems. To me this means, we
>
>_can_
>
>include those libs.
>It is in SUNW's own interest, because externally everyone will laugh
>about us, otherwise. I mean Blastwave_marTux is going to offer a bootable
>8.5GB DL-LiveDVD, but fails
>to include 4 tiny files?
>The dilemma of it is, that all other SUNWspro libs _can_ be redistributed
>for years, according to what a few guys have told me. Only those 4 libC* files
>do not fall under this special
>regulation (only and alone, because those 4 files have been part of Solaris
>since Solaris 2.0 [or so] was out, and there was no need to allow
>redistribution of /usr/lib/libC*, because they were almost considered part of
>the OS).
>
>I publically asked this question over a month ago, but didn't get a
>solution so far.

My current workaround: I'm currently forcing users to bring their net up
first, set a route to the Internet, and automatically download and
"install" the missing files (after every LiveDVD boot).

But is this very "user-friendly??
(Note: Any dumb script can download the files [from public patches] from
around the globe, but Belenix, Schillix or marTux_Blastwave are not
permitted to include them? 4 files?)

The libs are required by most things in /opt/csw, including KDE, icewm,
xemacs, totem, gxine, xmms, and so forth.
Since most CSW stuff is SUNWspro-built :-(

No, I did not file a bug yet.
But I repeatedly posted it to people and then to the list.
It is normally not a Bug in OpenSolaris, but a bug in legal affairs.
I will stop here, but ... :-(

BTW, www.opensolaris.org is also down for at least 4 hours now.
At least not reachable from Central E.U.rope.

I wished, things like that would not happen that much.

Kind regards,
Martin Bochnig