Hugh McIntyre wrote:

> Gueven Bay wrote:
>
>> How can someone distribute an operating system without the c library?
>

> This is the C++ library, not C.
>
> Hugh.

Despite the fact, that somebody else made that mistake/confusion  (and
that it is good that you corrected that error, so I don't need to send
out the other email, where I wanted to correct this).
Does it change anything on the matter itself ??

I guess 90++% of commercial software for Solaris are built either using
SUNWspro's C++ compiler/libs, or maybe JAVA (which, by itself, also
requires /usr/lib/libC* because it is or  contains C++ and is
SUNWspro-built).

So what did you want to express?

I ask the now correct question again, in the name of  Gueven Bay (plus
CSW_Blastwave [which is 9GB big], Belenix, Schillix and marTux) :

How can someone distribute an operating system without the C++ library?

But okay okay, no trouble.
I do see now, that people are indeed working on it.

Martin