Stephen Lau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 03:47:28AM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Simon Phipps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I keep hearing calls for "Sun" to intervene in a dispute over on
> > > Debian. I see people demanding "Sun" assert a legal opinion on
> > > difficult and divisive issues that don't directly involve Sun. And I
> > > hear people I usually respect belittling me and people who work with
> > > and for me because, in their opinion, we're not being aggressive.
> >
> > I am sorry to see that you still try to declare this Debian attack against
> > the CDDL to be a dispute that Sun is not related to.
>
> You continue to assert that it is an attack... it is not.  It's well
> within Debian's rights to run their organisation as they see fit.  And
> while many of us may have an interest in following the proceedings -
> it is not a dispute between Sun and Debian.

I understand this as arbitraryness from Debian as I asked them many times to
give evidence with a quote from their DFSG and never received an answer.

I had no problem if they were able to point out what problems they have
but if it is only arbitraryness, Sun should do something...

> > If Sun does not fight aginst this kind of FUD, more and more people will
> > believe
> > this FUD and thus believe that the CDDL is not a free license.
>
> I don't see it as FUD, and even if it were - the best way to fight it is
> with results, not with more useless angry words.

I am still waiting for these results.... I understand that this could e.g. be
neutral statements in the public made in order to put something against the
wrong statements made by Debian. It is a really hard life if Sun dos not even
have any public statement that could be used to verify that the claims from
Danese Cooper are not correct.

Why does this not happen?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)