Project proposal: 64k kernel project

I propose a 64k kernel project. This project should contribute and
support on an on-going basis:

- A SPARC kernel which uses 64k pages instead of 8k pages ("dwarf
pages") as default page size. The system should no longer use or
support the usage of 8k pages
- Necessary modifications to kernel modules to support the 64k page
size mode (notable usage of hard coded 8k page size exists for example
in the UFS module)
- Necessary modifications to user land tools in ON to support the
kernel 64k page size mode
- Create the tools necessary to create, maintain and profile the
kernel performance.

The leaders initially will be Knut Reinert and myself.

This project proposal has one (large) problem: We can only start this
project if Sun is willing to contribute the changes of their own
(abandoned) 64k kernel project - is this possible?

Holger