Haim Zilberbord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Sun linker and this way create a 100% correct set of makefiles
> that also include auto-dependencies against libraries that have been linked
> to a program.
>
> It means that opensolaris can be built only with this make ?

Unless you like to totally rewrite ~ 6000 Makefiles....

> Is there any source code for Sun make ?

Of course, at Sun ;-)

> Any specs that can help add required features to gnu make ?

Trying to enhance GNU make is a bad idea. Even the GNU make maintainers
have big problem with it's maintenance. I am still waiting for a fix for a
bug they accepted to be a hard bug in 1999. If you like to enhance a free
make program, you better start with my "smake". It is older than GNU make,
it is closer to POSIX than GNU make and it is closer to Sun make than GNU make.

> If sun dmake(1) is provided only with sun studio, then whole build process
> depends on Sun's  wish to distribute Studio tools.

In theory, Sun "make" would be sufficient.
You will not be able to get better performance from a parallel make.

> >Why do you like to do this on Linux anyway?
>
> i mentioned it earlier in
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=71925#71925
>
> PS Can i build Schillix under Schillix with open tools only ?

Last time I checked, it was impossible to compile OpenSolaris
on any 100% open OpenSolaris based platform. I did create a list of
missing files, so Sun knows what's missing.

BTW: I did not create a new SchilliX release since March as newer
Solaris releases no longer work on old Opteron 242 chips (the kernel
causes a watchdog reset). I recently spend a lot of money to buy newer
Opterons and hope to be able to continue soon.

It would be nice however, if this bug could be fixed some times.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)