>You want to participate in the OpenSolaris initiative, and yet, you do
not want your work to benefit Sun (who is supporting this project with ...

i want contribute to ON consolidation, other consolidations is not interesting
to me. contributing to opensolaris (as i understand) != using SX.

if i contribute to ON somehow, than certainly sun may benefit from it.

from torturing me with SX environment, no one will benefit.

related questions:

is there any plans to create stable branch of opensolaris after solaris 11
release ?

is sun protected form situations like RedHat -> CentOS, RedHat ->Oracle
Unbrekable ?

>I think you have a misunderstanding of why OpenSolaris exists.

i think that opensolaris exist because Sun want to accelerate development, bug
finding, public relations with community, etc ...

Sun released opensolaris under license that not prevents people from creating
their own repositories , and contributing by making modifications (useful this
modifications or not - is not important) so anyone can checkout this
modifications in conformity with license (correct me if i make mistake)

it doesn't mean that i want to contribute in this way ...

>Erast has already invited you

if nexenta or schillix corresponds to my needs i questioned, than it is good
environment to begin create customized builds i need ...

>then please state it in a simple fashion rather than attack the discussion
>list.

i think that aggressiveness (you found) in my messages is side effect of my
english knowledge.

>Solaris is POSIX compliant. Linux is not. If you question is: 'what
tools are not strictly POSIX compliant?' I would rethink that question -
POSIX is a minimal specification and does not provide for every possible
extension a covered API or utility may need, including OpenSolaris.

build tools is just transformation tools. They read from files, transform , and
save result to file. And i think that Standard C Lib (part of posix, and gnu
libc is known to be compatible) is totally sufficient for this task.(correct me
if i make mistake)

>then please state it in a simple

ON based distribution, completely different from what exists now.

>Perhaps the question you seek is: 'how can I *correct* the tools that I
wish to use such that I can build ON in a Linux sandbox?'

yes, this is my second question after i learned about "sun os only builds with
sun tools"

i'm just asking questions, i do not make judgments about answers.