It's not just about nostalgia or I-know-it attitude. I am one of the typical
young user of Solaris and I find CDE more productive than either GNOME or KDE.

It's not just the desktop, but the associated utilities. The integrated
calendar "works" and is far more intuitive than most others (even including
sunbird etc.). The "Note taker" application is a killer application and several
more examples of utilities, which even though minimalistic, actually "work" and
don't get in way of my work!

So it's about productivity as much about anything else.