> He definitely said OpenSolaris.  We should not assume
> that means
> Solaris.  We need to get away from this "OpenSolaris
> == Solaris" mentality.

Why? OpenSolaris is Solaris, and vice versa. Try as hard as you might, for all
intents and purposes, those two are one and the same.

I fully support that the OpenSolaris project is trying to get visibility, and I
also evangelize it myself, but we should not try to be artificial about it and
create distinctions where there clearly, at the very least in my opinion,
should be none. It could hurt the project as a whole and it could hurt Solaris.

May I remind that that you had to go as far as to write a blog article just to
try and clear up all the confusion. That is a red flag that something isn't
quite right.

A year and a half later, and people are still confused.

> If someone said they wanted to learn Linux, would you
> by default assume
>   she wanted to learn Red Hat?

Yes, I would. That is exactly what I would do! I'm being practical about it.