Martin Bochnig wrote:
Darren J Moffat wrote:

GAIM brings with it support for Jabber, MSN, AOL, ICQ and a whole lot
of other things as well as IRC.  It is vastly more full featured and
useful than the chatzilla that is in the Mozilla suite for many
people.  It is properly integrated with the rest of the GNOME desktop
via D-BUS for example.

Okay, partially convinced.

I said *partially* because I would like it very much, if SeaMonkey
(successing the old Mozilla 1.7 in /usr/sfw/lib/mozilla) would continue
to be embedded into Solaris11[++] by default, providing *customer choice*.

Would a package generating [EMAIL PROTECTED] project be of help
(similar to the qemu thing), which I hereby would like to propose ??

That would not be sufficient, just because there is a project on opensolaris.org does not give any commitment by any distribution to include it. It would however be a good first step.

For Sun's Solaris distribution you would need to convince Sun (not the OpenSolaris community) that it should include SeaMonkey. Personally I doubt that would happen but I'm not one of the decision makers for this area so it is my personal opinion.

--
Darren J Moffat