Joerg Schilling wrote:

>Mika Borner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Innobox announced today, that their virtualisation solution will be released
>>under GPL.
>>
>>http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/News
>>
>>There is no support for OpenSolaris X86 yet, but I guess porting the code
>>from linux to opensolaris should not be too difficult.

I'm not so optimistic about that, see the build instructions:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux%20build%20instructions

Required tools include

    * *as86* (real mode assembler, usually part of the /dev86/ or
      /bin86/ package)

    * *bcc* (Bruce Evans C Compiler; often part of the /dev86/ package)

Are those available for (or easily portable to) Solaris x86?

QEMU - on the other hand - is happy with gcc and binutils alone, which
are widely available for almost any platform.

>The code is written in C++ (most liely g++ :-() and
>I cannot see a real source being available for download yet.
>
>If the C++ code has been written nicely and if there is no dependency
>to a specific compiler and to a C++ ABI, someone would need to get a
>source first and then check where the dependencies to the Host OS are.

Unfortunately does it appear to depend on Bruce Evans C Compiler.
Worse, not only on a special compiler, but even on a special "as".

--Martin