* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [2007-01-15 16:29:13]
> I'm not so optimistic about that, see the build instructions:
> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux%20build%20instructions
>
> Required tools include
>
>     * *as86* (real mode assembler, usually part of the /dev86/ or
>       /bin86/ package)
>
>     * *bcc* (Bruce Evans C Compiler; often part of the /dev86/ package)
>
> Are those available for (or easily portable to) Solaris x86?

The Solaris on Xen project will be adding dev86 to Solaris at some
point (as part of the support for building the BIOS, etc. necessary to
run unmodified guest operating systems).  There are versions working
within the project today.

dme.
--
David Edmondson, Sun Microsystems, http://www.dme.org