Jim Grisanzio wrote:
Also, there will be an enormous amount of software under v3 when it's done, so wouldn't that benefit us? Don't we want to grow faster?

It would enable that software to benefit from us, but not us to benefit
from them, since any software we take in from another GPLv3 project will
be GPLv3-only and unavailable to anyone who wishes to use the CDDL option.
Since the CDDL allows OpenSolaris distros to exist with our current model
of mostly source but some still encumbered binaries, while the GPL would
not, that would simply be cutting off our distros, which would slow growth,
not speed it.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]