> >>Ask in opensolaris-code@opensolaris.org for
> details. The answer is
> >>yes
> >>except some closed binary parts which still await
> approval from the
> >>stupid lawyers. I'd expect Open Solaris being built
> entirely from
> >>source in a year
>

> Actually, the lawyers are really quite intelligent.
> They've all treated
> me with the utmost respect, too, even though I'm not
> a coder or a legal
> expert. And they've done a nice job advising Sun
> regarding all the
> source the company is opening.
>
> Jim

I think too many people are too critical of legal counsel. Without legal
counsel and advice OpenSolaris couldn't have happened! Even the "popular" open
source licenses out there all relied on legal counsel for their creation.

I for one applaud SUN's legal counsel for taking on a monumentally scary legal
task where one bad decision could mean very angry stockholders.

-Shawn