On Wednesday 31 January 2007 11:58 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >No, because their primary beef is Linux versus Solaris, *not* GPL versus
> >CDDL.  If they weren't beating us with the license stick, they be using
> >something else instead.  Trying to satisfy the Linux community is
> >wrong-headed, the only community that's we need to satisfy is *our*
> >community.
>
> Hear, hear.
>
> Casper

Satisfying and existing are two completely different things, and unfortunately
we must exist with them, Linux will not go away any time soon.

Oh, we don't need to co-exist if we don't want to use any of the Linux based
projects, which are the majority of open source projects today (or at least
in some way relate and/or port first on Linux).

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate of insourcing at Sun - hire people that care about our company!