On Thursday 01 February 2007 11:28 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That's what they want you to think Alan; he'd be promoting it
> rather than "Gnu/Hurd"; so we get all those followers (what, all five
> of them)

I don't want to be misled by a smoke screen though.

> But if they don't say it in public *before* we change the license,
> it's all to easy to deny such statements later.

I think it remains to be seen if we change to the license or not.

A friend mentioned to me today that it was interesting that Sun licensed Java
under GPLv2, but Solaris under CDDL, and that it would have seemed more
logical to license them the other way around. On the surface this is true,
but for those that know what is underneath the surface, know that it couldn't
be GPL even if folks wanted that, due to the contents as a whole.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate of Insourcing at Sun, hire people that care about our company!