On Thursday 01 February 2007 11:16 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >On Wednesday 31 January 2007 06:59 pm, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> >> I don't expect us to ask Joerg for a contributor agreement to include
> >> the CDDL licensed cdrecord, because it's an external project.
> >
> >I would actually, and don't think legal will let something like that in,
> >knowingly, without a signed agreement.
>
> Why do you think that?

Because, through my experience working with legal, the only way to get code
into Solaris without signing a contributor's agreement is to have the code
licensed under BSD. This is external code, coming into Solaris, that will
ship in a Sun product.

Maybe you have a different experience.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate of Insourcing at Sun, hire people that care about our company!