But we're already doing that, so dual-licensing won't open us up any
more than we already are, so where's the benefit?

Stephen Harpster wrote:
For the kernel, true. For userland, no. Don't forget that we're already taking in GPLv2.

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
Stephen Harpster wrote:
The big bonus is that GPLv3 will open us up to a whole new audience. Linux aside, there are plenty of other big projects that will combine with OpenSolaris more easily if we're dual licensed. To be successful, you want to reach out to as many communities as possible. The more friends the better. GPLv3 will give us that.

Won't it only open us up to projects that use GPLv3 with the same assembly
exception?   "Pure" GPLv3 projects will be able to take our code, but we
won't be able to use theirs unless they relicense with the exception.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        February 2007 Selection: LSARC Chair of the Month Club