I'd like to propose a project to enable and enhance Solaris support for
shipping and future Intel processors and platforms.

As we are all aware of, Sun and Intel have formed an alliance to make
Solaris the Unix operating system of choice on Intel platforms.  We
believe the only sensible and the most effective way to pursuit this
goal is to do development in the OpenSolaris community.

Our first effort will focus on the following areas on Bensley platform,
but will be ongoing as new processors and platforms become available:

    - Performance improvement
    - CPU feature enabling
    - Power management support
    - Virtualization support
    - FMA support (coming soon)

Some of the detailed technical discussions will likely to be conducted
in other communities, such as Virtualization, but this project will be
the central hub for the collaboration.  We encourage contributions from
all community members.

Thanks,
Sherry Moore