Andrew Pattison wrote:
I stupidly spent ages this evening wondering why my newly downloaded Firefox
2.0.0.1 wouldn't work, when all along I had dumped the i386 version on my Ultra
10 - doh! pkgadd happily added it to the system without any complaints - is
this a general feature of the way Solaris packages work, or is the package
missing something that marks it as being for one arch or the other, or arch
neutral?
s from.

where did you downloaded the package from? Looking pkginfo of our SUNWfirefox, there is an ARCH field which means pkgadd should check that against the platform installing to and should at least give you warning if not stop installing.

-Ghee
Thanks

Andrew.