Al Hopper wrote:
And now I'm sure that the real linker-saavy experts are going to show us
both a better way to accomplish this.  But I've been doing this since I
first started working with Solaris many moons ago...  :)

I often use similar nm grepping myself, though the first resort is the
much simpler:

# man gethostbyname
Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done

Networking Services Library Functions         gethostbyname(3NSL)

NAME
     gethostbyname,        gethostbyname_r,        gethostbyaddr,
     gethostbyaddr_r,   gethostent,   gethostent_r,   sethostent,
     endhostent - get network host entry

SYNOPSIS
     cc [ flag... ] file... -lnsl [ library... ]
     #include <netdb.h>

Unfortunately, not all the bits from other open source projects
have this in their man pages  (I know most X ones don't, though
I've been adding it in where I can).

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        February 2007 Selection: LSARC Chair of the Month Club