Eric Boutilier wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Moinak Ghosh wrote:
Ananth Shrinivas wrote:
[...]
No problem for me. But YES for a bunch of students who are trying to
get their feet wet with OpenSolaris. There is already some
bad-mouthing about how the Developer Edition needs a truckload of RAM
to just install. We don't want people to compare Solaris hardware
requirements with that of the Vista beast :-(

  More so when Developer Edition can actually run fine
  with half the RAM that is required to install it.

Moinak -- I think that's 128 MB, correct? Don't you need way more than 128
to effectively run a SX Developer Edition Desktop? (I'm presuming we're
talking about simultaneously running at least X/GNOME, multiple
gnome-terminals, and Firefox.)

  Ah yes, of course, but for a Developer use you'd want to use Netbeans
  and or maybe build OpenSolaris etc., and that's when things get a
  little thrashy with 128 MB.

Regards,
Moinak.

Eric