Martin Bochnig wrote:

Alan Coopersmith wrote:

For Xorg on sparc, I didn't list you because you have not yet
contributed anything to the X Community - but I was also very
unsure who to list when I generated the list of Core Contributors.
I'm sure once we get going on integrating your work into the X
Community, you'll count as a Core Contributor for X in the future,
but my understanding was Contributor status was supposed to reflect
past results, not future plans.

Situation BEFORE I released my binaries:
http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/entry/xorg_for_solaris_sparc

Thursday February 16, 2006

Xorg for Solaris SPARC?

I got two comments quickly after my last post, and have been asked a few other times lately, so I'll post the answer here as a new entry so it's more visible. The question is “/So when will we have Xorg on Solaris SPARC?/” The answer unfortunately is simply “/I don't know/.” The Sun Ray team <http://blogs.sun.com/ThinkThin> are working on porting the Sun Ray drivers to Xorg and the SPARC graphics group are porting the XVR-2500 <http://www.sun.com/desktop/workstation/ultra45/specifications.jsp#Graphics> drivers to Xorg. Our group provides assistance as needed, but most of the work is in the hands of those groups, and I don't know their plans for release schedules yet (and it wouldn't be my place to announce for them even if I did). It's being worked on, but that's about all I know or can say right now.

[Technorati Tags: Xorg <http://technorati.com/tag/Xorg>, X11 <http://technorati.com/tag/X11>, Solaris <http://technorati.com/tag/Solaris>, OpenSolaris <http://technorati.com/tag/OpenSolaris>]

Posted at 09:29AM Feb 16, 2006 <http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/entry/xorg_for_solaris_sparc> by Alan Coopersmith in Solaris | Comments[5] <http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/entry/xorg_for_solaris_sparc#comments>

Situation AFTER my various postings to http://opensolaris.org/os/community/x_win/discussions/ :

You released Xorg for SPARC by yourself  (limited to the wsfb driver) :
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/x_win/announcements/

Martin Bochnig