Martin Bochnig wrote:
Situation BEFORE I released my binaries:
http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/entry/xorg_for_solaris_sparc
Situation AFTER my various postings to http://opensolaris.org/os/community/x_win/discussions/ :
You released Xorg for SPARC by yourself  (limited to the wsfb driver) :
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/x_win/announcements/

While your work is appreciated, and may someday form our solution for
older devices, it didn't really have a bearing there.

We've been building Xorg on Solaris SPARC since we first created the
Xorg 6.8 tree for Solaris 10 - we just never released the packages
because there were no drivers.

The delivery now was due to two reasons:

1) The manager of the SPARC graphics group asked me to, since they
   were getting near the point they'd be ready to test their
   XVR-2500 driver and didn't want to have to worry about coordination
   issues in whatever build they're ready to deliver.   (I still can't
   tell you when that will be - I've seen it running on a test system
   in one of their engineer's offices, but it definitely needs more
   work still).

2) When looking at some of the putbacks to the X.Org community by the
   maintainers of the wsfb driver for BSD I noticed the interface
   looked very similar to the Solaris /dev/fb interface, and a couple
   of months later, finally got a chance to try porting it.   It worked
   well enough to serve as a test case so we could at least test Xorg
   on SPARC with some sort of real hardware so we wouldn't be delivering
   untested code to Solaris.

--
    -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]