On Mar 5, 2007, at 10:30 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

I also think this is a good sign that the relationship between
Communities and Projects is not well understood by all participants.
There are times it hasn't been at all clear to me, at least.

Perhaps getting an endorsing community needs to be a prerequisite to
setting up a project?

To be clear, the draft constitution does not allow projects to
exist outside the scope of a community group.  I expect all of
the current Community and Project definitions to change as a result
once the constitution is ratified.

This election is the initial bootstrap process.  The new OGB will
be responsible for reorganizing the communities into groups that
can govern themselves with somewhat less anarchic tendencies than
the current situation of having informal proposals result in the
allocation of resources.

....Roy