Seeing that Garrett has applied to Mentor it then your perceived problem is solved as he is not a Sun person.

Personally I place the emancipation project very highly, it's only one part of a much bigger issue but as the saying goes... you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

John Sonnenschein wrote:
Hey, Just to clarify

One of those emancipation projects is mine, and if any of them are
going to be accepted in a useful way, a mentor who isn't tainted by
license issues needs to be found. So ideally, someone outside Sun, but
practically, anyone who's not involved in ON should be fair game ( ask
your manager! )...

Sucks if me & the other emancipation proposals don't get accepted
because the only potential mentors are tainted by the old code, but
I'd rather not be accepted & end up doing it for free over a longer
time scale, than be accepted and have the code thrown out because of
inability to prove that there wasn't NDA violations.