John Plocher writes:
> James Carlson wrote:
> > You've got me.  I've pointed out the seeming inconsistency before on
> > other threads, but John Plocher seems to think that it's not a
> > problem.
>
> Uhmmm...
>
> I believe it is Stephen Hahn who is driving this "OS.o isn't a
> distro, doesn't do releases and is somehow not connected to Sun's
> release processes or definitions" discussion, not me.

Ah, ok.  I'd misremembered this thread:

 http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=21240&tstart=120

You clearly said there that you felt that the community needed to run
its own release model and that the release points need to be set there
rather than by the PAC (as they are today).

Sorry about that.

> Having Nexenta, Schillix, BeliniX and Solaris distros all based on
> a OS.O OS/Netv5.11 release means that ISVs, Blastwaves and other
> application providers can all take advantage of a common baseline;
> users could choose between the various distros (or, more exactly,
> versions of each of the distros) confident that they are all based
> on a similar set of OS features.

That part seems wobblier to me, especially given the different content
in the distributions.  I understand the idea, but I'm less clear on
how it plays out.