On 17/04/07, Chung Hang Christopher Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you. the concept of apt/yum repositories seems
to be very alien here.

No, it is not. You just have a hard time believing that we don't
embrace it as the "one true way" of doing things. I think the point
most people have been trying to raise is that flash archives, etc. are
a far better way to mass manage and deploy systems than apt-get or yum
repositories. It is especially not a foreign concept for me,
considering I managed and deployed servers using apt4rpm for a few
years.

Yep, agree. And considering a flash of a modern Opteron system lasts about 45 seconds, no "yum" or "apt-whatever" is ever going to be able to touch that.