James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Well, as there have been other things that have been "forgotten"
> > in this area, I now point people to potential conflicts as early as
> > possible ;-)
> >
> > Once the methods for aproving projects and architectural reviews are known
> > to work without problems, this may of course be changed....
>
> I still don't see why it needs to be discussed on opensolaris-discuss.
> It doesn't really seem related to determining whether or not this is a
> reasonable project proposal.

This would fit into opensolaris-code, but this list seems to be rarely used.

> As for knowing whether architectural reviews work "without problems,"
> I frankly don't know what you mean, or how such a thing could ever be
> guaranteed as long as humans are involved in the process.

Things could be better than they are now and I hope that the process in general
will become more mature. We are currently starting the first projects that
are run by a people from inside and outside of Sun. This will bring in new
experiences and show up where problems are and how friction loss may be avoided.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)