Hello,
today I tried to install terminus-font-4.20. I ran './configure' without
parameters, than changed 'prefix=/usr/local' in Makefile, and did 'make
install' and 'make fontdir'. Until now, everything went fine.

After this, I added 'FontPath "/usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/"' in the
'Files'-Section of my xorg.conf and restarted the system. After restart, I got
the message

Could not init font path element /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/,
removing from list!

twice at the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I noticed, that the .pcf-files in the
systems font directories are not gzipped, so I un-gzipped all .pcf's in
/usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/, but again, after reboot, I got the same
message. What's the problem here?

Kind Regards, Jan