On Thu, 17 May 2007, joey wrote:

Hi Folks,

Attached please find the Project proposal for the OpenSolaris programming contest in China academic developers. Your comments and backing are appreciated!

Thanks,

It's too bad that you have issolated China out in such a programming context.

In the future if another similar program is created and China is issolated out of it, that will be the same.

I understand some of the limitation with Chinese speaking people, but the videos will be of less value because they will only be able to be used for China.

If you build walls around China as you build your community, you will end up inside of them.

Programming is a international language, and Chinese people do not program in Chinese as the compilers take a standard syntax that is unfortunately based around english, or what is more commonly considered the common international language.

If you want China to get out and play with the rest of the OpenSolaris community, don't pigeon hole them into a closed society.

Other than that, your program looks awesome. As it stands, it's only good for a very small subset of the OpenSolaris community, and calling it OpenSolaris seems to be an oxymoron.

My $0.02 worth of comments, which were solicited in your message.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group