> I couldn't agree more with your sentiments, but it seems to be a sad> fact
> these days that many shops hire Joe Sixpacks as their IT "pros"...
You know why? Because Joe Sixpacks, or "x-mas tree experts" as I like to call
them, are cheap.

And beancounters in charge of budgets don't have the brains to think long-term;
it's always been a problem specific to economists.

And, what do economists know about Informatics and computers anyway? Except for
their "business knowledge", and in spite of their MBAs, most of them are
half-literate at best! But they sure can tell you all about their latest golf
game.