> I'm interested in doing what needs to be done to move
> forwards and without
> losing those users that run Solaris 8 and 9 and 10.
>  That is a bit of a
> challenge to say the least.

If Project Indiana had no Solaris 8-10 users and 5% of Linux users, it would
still be a success.  Meanwhile Solaris 8-10 and 11 would still exist for use.

I don't think Project Indiana's primary goal needs to be retaining existing
Solaris users.  I would place that goal pretty far down the list.  Solaris
users have Solaris, they don't need another OS.  I think the primary goal of
Project Indiana needs to be building the best OS possible to gain the largest
market share possible.  Coming along for that ride is entirely optional.  :)