Roland Mainz wrote:
Alan Coopersmith wrote:
William James wrote:
No one from Sun's compiler team did bother to respond to my emails.
They may not care about good customer support but I do. I think the
best way is now to move forward and create a mailing list at
opensolaris.org
The most logical place to do that would be in the Tools community.
To do it there, you'ld just need to convince them to ask for it - try
discussing it on tools-discuss.

I have a better idea. Since there appears to be demand in such a list
(well, I have a bunch of generic (non-OpenSolaris) compiler questions,
too... :-) ) I propose to simply create such a list (just a list (title:
"Compiler (Sun Studio&&gcc) mailing list"), not a project) and make me
the list admin - I already maintain three lists and a 4th won't hurt me
much.

That sounds like pretty much the same idea with your name added and gcc added.
You still need to go to an existing community to ask them to create it, since
this isn't really a good place to request mailing lists, and the Tools
community still seems the best fit.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]