Thanks for the info guys.

I have been wanting to try Blastwave and this gave me a reason. It's
working beautifully now.

- Chris

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/sendmail/Makefile.cmd

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/sendmail/src/Makefile

> Christopher> I know I could download sendmail and compile it myself but I
> Christopher> would rather use the one included with SXDE.
>
> Then you'll have to wait a while.  I have an RFE for this, but it has been
> on hold for a long time and not likely to see action any time soon.  The
> short version is that you can build with -DSASL=2 and link with -lsasl and
> you can get things to work if the only mech you're using is GSSAPI.  But
> if you want the {CRAM,DIGEST}-MD5 mechs, then you'll have to roll your own
> libsasl.
>
> -- John
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/jbeck

Alternatively the Blastwave sendmail is compiled with SMTP AUTH enabled,
and will pull down any dependencies with it. The only (small) problem
occurs if you try to install it on a system with read-only /usr, e.g. a
sparse Zone, as it tries to create symlinks in /usr/bin; however you can
get round this by setting your $PATH appropriately.

www.blastwave.org/howto.html

HTH,

Chris

--