I booted a Solaris 10 DVD using "boot cdrom" at the OBP prompt. The
command failed.  So then I tried "boot cdrom -s" to boot the CDROM in
single user mode.  That worked.  I was able to install Solaris 10
w/out issue.

When the machine tried to boot off the hard drive, it failed.  This is
the error after running "boot disk0" from Open Firmware, and after it
POSTs:

  Restoring the system.  Please Wait... cpr_reset_properties:
  Unable to open /.cpr_default on /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/[EMAIL
PROTECTED],1/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0:a
  cprboot: cannot read saved nvram info, please reboot.
  Program terminated.

And it simply leaves me at the OBP prompt. Then I run "boot disk0 -s",
and the thing boots. I get a shell prompt and can navigate the
drive.  The problem is that single user mode is not very useful to
me. I want to login as a normal user, and have access to the GUI and
all the whistles, bells, and frills.

The hardware:
Sun Ultra 10
1GB of memory (recently added as you folks advised)
WD800 HDD     (recently added)

This machine worked fine previously with a seagate hard drive, 128MB
RAM, and Solaris 9.