I need to rant a bit:

   I had ordered a new laptop and when it arrived I installed OpenSolaris b68.
I was having many problems with the keyboard and the NIC on the box. The NIC
driver had plumbed the interface and brought it up but I was unable to send any
packets or receive. I susspected that there may be something wrong with the
hardware but could not prove it. I had to install windoz and when the problems
migrated there as well I called the vendor to report it as a hardware problem.
I told the vendor that the NIC was not working properly on Solaris or Windows.
The vendor started blaming the solaris install as the culprit and that I should
completely wipe the harddrive and just install windoz. I did this out of
discuss with the ignorance of the world towards solaris. I formated the whole
harddrive
for windoz and installed XP. I was still having the problems and called the
vendor. telling them that even if it had worked I did not buy this laptop to
run Windoz and it was totally useless to me in this confiration.

What the vendor said next set me ablaze.

"WE NEVER ADVERTISED THE SYSTEM WOULD WORK WITH SOLARIS"

I hate this. Why does the world have to use windoz?  Why can we not buy a piece
of hardware and put what we want on it without being harassed by the seller
that it must have this software on it or we will not honor our warranty?

Pissed off!