On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 21:23 +0800, Aubrey Li wrote:

> > > I did not want to mention brands because I have had this same problem
> > > with every computer that I have bought.
> >
> > Interesting, Toshiba and this HP I'm running right now have been the two
> > best machines to run Solaris on. The only thing not supported on this is
> > my webcam - its UVC compliant but requires a firmware to be uploaded
> > which Solaris doesn't support.
> >
> > Matthew
>
> Interesting for me as well, :) I was using DELL laptop to run Solaris happily.
> keyboard and NIC works properly.

One thing I like with most Dells, rather than wasting R&D on create
weird proprietary garbage they simply just grab the Intel reference
boards, etc. shove them in the case and sell it. Nice and simple.

I would have bought one but Harvey Norman gave me an offer I couldn't
refuse :-)

I just hope that Sun pulls finger and supports the webcam firmware
uploading - if they do that it would support 5 models of camera in one
go.

Matthew