On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 12:11 -0700, Edward McAuley wrote:
> Uh, let's see.  Beautiful interface (as attractive as the Mac or Vista),
> intuitively laid out, ease of use, UNIX (like), open source...it's already
> here.  You can download it or buy it.
>
> Suse 10.2
>
> Please look at this latest version, it is stunning.  The beautifully designed
> and intuitive layout of its desktop is very difficult to communicate until
> you spin it up and use it for a while.
>
> Give it a look; the price is certainly right.

I've used SuSE 10.2 - if you're happy to avoid the bugs that you can fly
a 747 through. Beta quality compilers, drivers and libraries. Crappy
KDE/OpenOffice.org integration (specifically kslaves/openoffice.org) -
its horrific - "ship first, hide bugs hopeing they won't get found".

Lord knows I don't want to see Solaris turn into a dumping site for bad
code.

Matthew