> Some of your heroes would tell you, perhaps
> self-indulgently, if
> anything, that code is documentation. Never
> underestimate the power of
> power.

Code can be documentation if the variable names used are self-explanatory and
if the working of the code is documented in plain, simple English. Together
with structured, professional-quality, detailed documentation, it rounds up a
quality product.

"Never underestimate their intelligence; always underestimate their knowledge."

And: a product is only as good as his documentation and test suite. No more, no
less.

(Personal note: I have no heroes. There are people who have earned my respect,
but I will always follow my own way. I am a person of my own convictions.)