Dear Gagadhar,

Thanks for your comments.

I was writing it as a user, was writing to reflect the attitudes of a
user. I don't like this attitude either, but this happens to be the
attitude of the common man.

The user will learn as he uses the operating system, learning would be
inevitable, it will happen, but to begin with, it must be a package
that is easy for him to get into. He will learn the complexities as he
will go along.

I as an user find it difficult to install a patch or a new software in
Solaris. In windows I simply hit the install button. Or insert a CD
that runs on its own and installs, asks a few questions in a manner
that I understand. This, among other things, is the kind of ease that
i am talking about.

All I have done is to throw a few questions, DELIBERATELY, as an
uneducated, un-coperative reader.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy.